Oz trip BOOKED!
Soooo it's finally done and confirmed and...paid for...(and we're broke...but who cares)...We're going to Australia!!!
Igor and I finally got our tickets, reserved our hostels and paid for three of the packages we selected. This is honestly going to be the trip of a lifetime. I wish I could describe it all in one paragraph but I can't. The amount of research we did on sights to see, places to stay, things to do...prices..hostels...agh...you name it...we did a good job.
I'm really glad we decided to chuck the "Contiki" idea. I did Contiki when I went to Europe and although they plan everything for you...a lot of time is wasted on the bus and its just go-go-go...with little time to spend in every place and not much leisure time for yourself to enjoy each place visited.
Igor and I decided to do a mix of vacationing/backpacking/mini packages and its working out to be great in terms of getting a chance to see everying within our budget. We'll also be visiting my dad in Melbourne, Igor's cousin Jelena (who visited us during Reading week) and my good friend Ann who just left for teacher's college in Melb. I won't get a chance to see Brad in Sydney coz he's in Japan teaching English...and Ben's in Brisbane..and we decided not to stop there...so that's the only sucky part.
So far our itinerary looks like this. Maybe I'll post some pics of the places we are going to visit and more details about what we plan to do...but not tonight.
So here's our trip in a nutshell (these are all flights within the Oz pass but we added an extra):
Toronto -> L.A ->New Zealand ->Melbourne -> Sydney -> up the coast to Whitsunday Islands (airlie beach/Newhaven beach...) sailing from island to island...two nights on a yacht for my hunny's B-day -> Cairns (Great barrier reef/Karunda/rainforests/skyrail) -> Alice Springs, Uluru, Ayers Rock (the outback camping for 4 days) -> Melbourne (Maybe Tazmania if there is time?) -> Toronto
I can't wait. Igor and I got our passports renewed yesterday and it was pretty cute. Just a few more weeeeeeks..... Ahhh!!!!
Until then....homework calls. Bah.


3 Comments:
U guys are so cute... i just wanna squeeze you both.
ps. your blog thing is also cute. Im too lazy to read it but it looks nice and the pictures are pretty. see you soon homie. respect and keep it real.
Ann I can't wait to see you too!!
How far is Geelong from Narrewaren??
Narre Waren is 35KM east of Melbs, and I'm an hour train ride south west from Melbs.. so I'm guessing about 2 hours total.
I'm sure your dad knows where Geelong is.. but it's super close to Melbs so no worries.
Post a Comment
<< Home